Are you interested in private universities in Nigeria offering law? Checkout list of Nigerian private universities with Law Faculties. Here you can find 15 universities and their Faculties of Law accreditation status.
There are three types of universities in Nigeria, they are: Federal universities, State Universities, and Private Universities. Today we are interested in private universities that offer Law.
Studying law in Nigeria
Any Nigerian who wants to practice law as a profession will have to first study law in a university and then proceed to law school. Once the student passes the law school programme, he /she would be called to bar after which he becomes a full-fledged Nigerian lawyer.
The Nigerian law school and the Council of Legal Education were formed in 1962 after the Legal Education Act was adopted.
If for some reason you don’t have the opportunity to study law in a state or federal higher education institution, you can study law in a private university. Get the list of private universities that have a Faculty of Law below. Keep in mind: the list of private universities in Nigeria offering law represented here is formed in a random order. It’s not a ranking of higher schools. The list contains only accredited private universities in Nigeria with law faculty.
List of private universities in Nigeria offering law and their accreditation status
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY (IU OKADA) has provisional accreditation.
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY (ABUAD) is provided with approved to start off status.
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY is approved with interim accreditation status.
- CRESCENT UNIVERSITY ABEOKUTA owns approved to start off status.
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, OGUN STATE has provisional accreditation.
- BAZE UNIVERSITY ABUJA is provided with approved to start off status.
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (AUN) owns approved to start off status.
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY has provisional accreditation.
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY (BIU) is approved with interim accreditation.
- NIGERIAN TURKISH NILE UNIVERSITY owns approval to start off status.
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY (JABU) provides with approved to start off status.
- AL-HIKMAN UNIVERSITY has approved to start off status.
- LEADCITY UNIVERSITY provides with approved to start off status.
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU) owns approved to start off status.
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY has conditional approval to start off.
Types of accreditation status
We think you also should be aware of the types of the accreditation status of the law faculty at the universities.
It means that a Nigerian University’s Faculty of Law fulfilled all the demands of the Legal Education’s Council.
A Faculty of Law fulfills all the demands of the Legal Education’s Council to a large degree.
Legal Education’s Councilhas suspended the faculty’s accreditation.
It means that the the faculty’s accreditation is pending.
It says that the faculty has been confirmed to start off but with further accreditation provided.
We hope our list of private universities in Nigeria that offer law and other information concerning studying Law helps you to make the right choice. Good luck!